Licensed in Missouri and Kansas

Car Insurance Claims

Most car crash cases involve a claim against the negligent driver’s insurance company for compensation of your losses. In these cases, if a lawsuit has to be filed, the negligent driver is the named defendant, but his or her insurance company hires a lawyer and defends the negligent driver. The negligent driver’s insurance company also pays for any judgment up to driver’s policy limits.

But when your losses are more than the negligent driver’s insurance limit, you can make a claim on your own insurance policy if you have underinsured motorist (“UIM”) coverage. If you’ve bought UIM coverage, you’ve made a deal with your insurance company where you agree to pay a premium and they agree to pay your losses in a crash if they’re more than the negligent driver’s policy limits.

But if your insurance company doesn’t live up to its end of the deal, you have a right to sue them and have the court force them to live up to the bargain. In these cases, the named defendant is your insurance company and it’s a contract case. Insurance companies often try and get out of the deals they’ve made by claiming that the contract language doesn’t offer coverage, despite you having asked and paid for the coverage.

If you’ve been stiffed by your insurance company or if they are refusing to live up to their end of the bargain, please contact our firm. We don’t back down from fighting insurance companies.