Matthew D. Meyerkord
Matt’s goal is to leave a positive imprint on people’s lives.
He admires people who choose to see the positive, to take initiative, and
who work to better themselves. Those people fuel his desire to make a lasting and meaningful contribution
to his clients’ lives.
Matt founded the beginnings of Meyerkord, Russell & Hergott in 2008
to help those who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence
and he loves what he does.
He sees himself as a counselor, an advisor, and a fighter. He enjoys helping people, especially in their time of injury or loss.
He recognizes that you are the ultimate decision maker and sees his job
as advising you to make informed decisions.
Why Entrust Your Case to Matt?
Matt wants you to have a successful outcome, but he also wants the road
to that successful outcome to be comfortable. This means
he takes care of nearly everything regarding your case so you don’t have to worry about it. He keeps you as informed as
you want to be and provides straightforward and honest input while welcoming
the opportunity to talk with you at any time.
Since beginning the law firm, Matt has collected over $10,000,000.00 for
his clients, including 2 cases over $1,000,000.00 and a $5,000,000.00 case.
Matt and his wife live in Parkville, Missouri with their three young daughters.
In his free time, he enjoys staying active with CrossFit and keeping up
on the latest Marvel films.
Top Practice Areas Include:
Crime Victim Cases
Auto and Car Accidents
Click here to read a detailed interview with Matthew Meyerkord.
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorney in KS/MO, 2017
Super Lawyers®, 2013-2017
Best of the Bar,
Kansas City Business Journal, 2015-2016
- Selected to be the Revitalization Governor to represent the Missouri Association
of Trial Attorneys on the board of the American Association for Justice, 2014
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠, 2011-2012
Best of the Bar,
Kansas City Business Journal, 2011
Up & Coming Lawyer,
Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2010
premises liability case settlement,
Boswell v. Green Duck Lounge, Inc., 0916-CV27338, Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri, 2010
$1,000,000.00 trucking case settlement,
Martin v. Stajo Iron & Metal, Inc., 4:07-CV-01388, United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2008
Missouri Supreme Court Victory,
Sides v. St. Anthony's Med. Ctr., 258 S.W.3d 811, 2008
- President of the Law School Emissaries, 2004
- February 2015, Workers' compensation final hearing
- Caldwell County, April 2014, Inadequate road signage trial
- Shawnee County, Kansas, July 2013, MVA trial
- Clay County, November 2012, MVA trial
- April 2012, Workers' compensation final hearing
- Jackson County Circuit Court, Missouri, June 2010, Jury Trial, Premises Liability
- St. Genevieve County Circuit Court, Missouri, May 2010, Jury Trial, Premises Liability
- St. Louis Division of Workers' Compensation, Missouri, October 2008,
Workers' Compensation Final Hearing
- St. Louis County Circuit Court, Missouri, October 2007, Jury Trial, Motor
- AAJ Board of Governors, 2014-Present
The Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Member, 2013-Present
- Co-chair of the New Lawyers Committee, 2007-2008
- Member, Public Awareness Committee Emergency Response Team, 2007-present
- The Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- The Clay County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
Freemason, Missouri District 17, Rising Sun Lodge
- Master Mason, August 2010-present
- National Business Institute CLE, Kansas City, Missouri, Auto Injury Litigation
from Start to Finish, 2016
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Bench-Bar & Boardroom Conference,
Branson, Missouri, Starting a Firm?, 2015
- Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri, Adjunct Paralegal Professor -
Introduction to the Law, 2008
- Meyerkord, Russell & Hergott, Kansas City, Missouri, 2014-Present
- Meyerkord & Russell, Kansas City, Missouri, 2011-2014
- The Meyerkord Law Firm of Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, 2008-2011
- Meyerkord, Rineberg & Graham, LLC, St. Louis, Missouri, 2005-2008
- Jackson County Circuit Court, Division Two, Independence, Missouri, Law
Clerk to the Honorable Michael W. Manners, 2004-2005
- Public Defender Trial Clinic, Kansas City, Missouri, Rule-13 Certified
Publications and Papers
If I can Do It... Why I Decided to Donate 5% of Every Fee to Charity, The Missouri Trial Attorney, 2010
The Res Ipsa Loquitur Inference: A Powerful Tool Now Available to medical
Malpractice Plaintiffs, The Missouri Trial Attorney, Volume 27, Number 1, 2007
University of Missouri - Kansas City, School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- President of the Law School Emissaries
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.A in Communication, Minor in
premises liability case settlement
Boswell v. Green Duck Lounge, Inc., 0916-CV27338
Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri
$1,000,000.00 trucking case settlement
Martin v. Stajo Iron & Metal, Inc., 4:07-CV-01388
United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
Missouri Supreme Court Victory
Sides v. St. Anthony's Med. Ctr., 258 S.W.3d 811
View our NOLO profile | View our profile on
NAPIL (Nation Association of Personal Injury Lawyers).
Ready to get started on your case? Schedule a
free consultation today!